Founded in 1968, Focus: HOPE provides food to over 40,000 limited-income seniors in and around Detroit. Each month participating seniors receive a box which contains healthy groupings of non perishable foods as part of the Focus: HOPE Commodity Supplemental Food Program.
Volunteers will be preparing and packaging boxes of food and loading them onto pallets.
Date: Saturday, June 11
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Where: Focus: HOPE’s Central Warehouse, 1400 Oakman Blvd*., Detroit, 48238, between Linwood and LaSalle. | Map
Parking: Parking is directly across the street from 1400 Oakman Blvd., within the gated black fence. The lot entrance is on LaSalle, where it intersects with Oakman. Please do NOT park in the Early Learning Center lot or between buildings.
Volunteers Needed: 30
- This is a registration-only event, and only through CERVIS. If the project registers as filled and you’d like to be placed on a waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For those who successfully register and cannot attend, please unregister through CERVIS so we can contact someone to take your spot.
- This is an age-restrictive project: Youth under the age of 14 will not be permitted to volunteer; anyone ages 14-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Keep in mind that periods of moving and standing are required.
- Dress comfortably and wear shoes that are close-toed.
- Refreshments, snacks and ATTH T-shirts will be available.
Sign up via our CERVIS form: atimetohelp.org
*Please note that 1200 Oakman was the previous location.