Established in 1997 to galvanize volunteerism on a regular basis, A Time to Help stages monthly projects to aid the needy and promote unity in metro Detroit.
Since then, more than 200 monthly projects have been completed by thousands of volunteers, ranging from building houses, delivering meals, beautifying city streets, running adoption fairs, repairing homeless shelters, packing food, and hosting an annual Christmas party to a shelter for battered women.
Mitch Albom and WJR co-host Ken Brown lead each monthly project, usually held on Saturdays between 9AM – noon. Volunteers can sign up for one, two or all, and there are no requirements, except that, for most events, volunteers should be at least 18 years of age. Older teenagers can come if accompanied by at least one adult supervisor for every four of them.
Do you have a suggestion for a project, or have a question about volunteering? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Time To Help will honor our veterans this month by helping Michigan Veteran Homes at Chesterfield Township residents with an activity (BINGO), while another group will spend time with veterans in the memory care unit. The MVHCT provides veterans and their eligible family members extraordinary skilled nursing care in a homelike setting. The MVHCT is the first state veterans home in southeast Michigan. It opened in April 2021, and occupies 30 acres in New Baltimore.
Date: Saturday, November 4
Time: 1:30-4:00 p.m.
Location: Michigan Veteran Homes at Chesterfield Township, 47901 Sugarbush Road, Chesterfield Township, MI, 48047 | Map
Parking: Parking available in the main lot at the MVHCT.
- This is an adult-only project (age 18 and over), and space is limited.
- Face coverings (masks) are optional but recommended.
- Please cancel and unregister if you feel sick or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last two weeks.
- Please arrive on time.
- After a brief welcome by MVHCT, we will take our volunteer “team” photo and then start our project.
- ATTH T-shirts, snacks and water will be available at the check-in table when you arrive.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes, but please dress neatly.
Volunteers needed: 20
Sign up here at Bloomerang Volunteer – registration is required. **Please select the specific shift in Step 2 of registration or your spot will not be reserved.**